1. Do you have a minimum order on seed orders? We do NOT have a minimum order requirement and all orders are appreciated and shipped the same day received. Due to the increased costs of order processing and shipping by United Parcel System and the U.S. Mail, please add $9.80 on all seed orders.
2. How much do you charge for shipping and do you ship overseas? Shipping - All seeds are shipped FOB, Chicago IL. Regular shipping charges will apply. For delivery outside the United States., please consult one of our customer service agents. All charges for shipment outside of the United States will be billed at cost to the customer, plus any customs/declaration fees. We currently do not ship overseas or outside of North America.
In order to make scheduled pick-up times for Express and Mail carriers, your orders should be placed by 1:00 p.m. C.S.T. in order to be filled and shipped that same day. All prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars and all shipments outside of the United States must be paid for in advance of shipping date with your cashiers check or credit card.
Supplies, plastic tags, accessories and plants are priced net and are F.O.B. shipping point.
3. What methods of payment can I use to pay for my orders?
Orders from new customers : If merchandise is needed at once, cash remittance should accompany order; otherwise, bank and trade references should be furnished. Orders should be signed with an individual's name in writing.
Charge Cards : We will be happy to process your order and charge it to your VISA, MasterCard American Express or Discover account.
C.O.D. : We request you send us 50% advance deposit for all C.O.D. shipments. United Parcel fee for C.O.D. is $9.50.
4. All invoices are due and payable 30 days after invoice date. Past due accounts are subject to a 2% per month late charge (24% annual rate). Applicable collection charges will be added to outstanding balances if it is necessary for account to be turned over for collection. A service charge of $35.00 will be made for any check that does not clear through your bank. (Not Sufficient Funds, etc.)
5. What about your return policy? Please inform us of the situation before returning any merchandise. We will promptly advise you of method to ship and proper destination. Please keep in mind that our restocking charge is 25-50%, depending on items. Do not return any merchandise without our prior permission. No returns, except for an error on our part in filling, billing or processing your order.
CLAIMS: All claims must be made within 24 hours of delivery. Please contact our customer service dept. immediately if you have a problem.
6. What about back orders, shortages and delays? We ship all seed back order as soon as they arrive here, in most case when placing your seed order over the phone we are able to tell you the expected due date. Shortages and Delays : All items are offered subject to crop failures or shortages. We cannot be responsible for loss caused by delays in delivery from strikes, fire, casualty or any other causes beyond our control.
7. Do you supply plants, plugs, bare roots and cuttings? YES! We also supply plants, plugs, bare roots and cuttings.
8. Do you have a minimum order on plants? We try our best to offer the lowest minimums on all our products. In most cases, this means one case. However, there are some exceptions. Please check each individual program for the minimum number of plants required to ship your order.
9. How far in advance do I need to place my order on plant material? Lead times vary for different types of plants depending on time to grow the crop or time it takes to process and ship an order. Many long term crops are started before any orders are ever placed. Therefore, it is always best to book your orders as far in advance as possible to insure the best selection. If you do find yourself looking for some plant liners "at once", we will do our utmost to locate the product you need and inform you promptly of the availability.
10. Is there any discount on plant material? We do offer volume discounts, early order discounts, and off-season shipping discounts depending on the supplier that best fills your needs. Please call, write or email us for a quote email@example.com
11. How do you ship my plant materials? Our primary carriers are FedEx, UPS, and air freight. If you have a preferred method, please indicate it on your order and we will do our best to accommodate you. We ship all orders early in the week to insure delivery prior to the weekend.
12. Am I charged freight? Most orders are shipped FOB: origin. This means the merchandise becomes your responsibility as soon as it has been turned over to the carrier. The freight costs will be added to your plant invoice. In several cases, our growers will ship to you freight prepaid FOB: delivered. This means we have absorbed your freight costs into the price of the plants and you will have no additional freight charges.
13. What if my plants are damaged in transit? Regardless of the shipping method, if damage occurs in transit or you notice any shortages on arrival, you must let the carrier and Germania Seed Company know immediately. If you need help, please call us. We will assist you in filing a claim.
14. What do I do with my plants when they arrive? Unpack the boxes immediately and inspect for any damage or problems. Water if necessary. We must be notified within 48 hours of any problems in order to help you receive replacement plants or reimbursement. Please do not refuse any order for any reason. If something seems to be in error, call us immediately.
15. Can I cancel my plant order? Please see individual plant program for cancellation policies. In most cases, cancellations cannot be accepted once the order is in production.
16. What if an item I am looking for is not listed in your catalog? If there is an item that you are interested in growing and do not see in our catalog, please ask. That is what we are here for! Requesting availability can be done through the phone, fax or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly advise you on availability and price.
17. What do I need to run a PDF? Acrobat Reader which is available FREE from the link on our Seed and Plant Catalog web pages.
18. And how do I use it? When you click on the link, you will be asked to save the file to your computer. After that, the program Acrobat Reader will need to be downloaded and opened OR simply opened to read and print the catalog off of your computer.